View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For everyone>>>Some DM notes

1. Cyril and I set the stage in which everyone is to role-play. We are structured on creative writing, turn-based style. Your creative work must coincide with your fellow contributers. One person is as important as another, and we will try to give equal attention to each gamer to get some spotlight. Please don't try to work your own plots without prior private message approval. We can only accomodate your hopes if we know what to expect ahead of time. Keep in mind that we have our own agenda for this game because we are the ones running it. We have a storyline that is the primary game. Subplots are setup under our direction.

2. Game timeline. We all are in the same town. We all have to see the same sun or the same moon. It is the focus of this game to join forces with your fellow gamers and prepare to embark on a journey that we will present. Anyone that is gaming alone will find the game more of a hinderance than a pleasure. By now, people should already be getting aquainted with one another, but the deal is that Night has quickly fallen over the game, and at the moment, I think only Vallo is holding the last rays of the sun up. Once his talk with Edward is done, then the night will pass and you will all have your opportunities to get out into the town and get to work.

3. I like to play on an honor system, and would hope that all of you are fair players. This means for example that if you are a spell caster, that you honestly keep up with the spells you know, can cast, have used, etc. I trust that all of you came up with your ability scores honestly as well.

4. Open dialog and actions with other players in the game are free-form, as long as you obey forum and website rules. Read the rules if you have no idea what they are.

5. I cannot say this enough. Be prepared mentally and psychologically for your character to get killed. This is more than a creative writing exercise. It is a game, and sometimes people win and sometimes people lose. If you have no idea what I am talking about, ask Morgeruat. Or even me. I've lost my own characters to the game before, and it will happen again. We move on.

6. (I cannot recall what this one was...so just know that I will be adding to these once I get a good night's sleep and remember...)

[ 12-13-2005, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]