View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 09:57 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sigh. I just don't know what to do.

Yesterday afternoon I saw this black dog in our neighbor's yard, didn't think anything much of it, cause her daughter visits who has a little cute beagle and we see it out in their yard. So when I saw this black dog I figured it was someone visiting's dog. But no it wasn't. And since the one fence dividing our yards is kinda short (all our other fences around our yard are tall but the one), it hopped into our yard and was hanging out on our side porch and looking at us, wagging its tail, from the porch door. Sigh. So we went out there, and man this dog is the nicest dog. Is black, with longish hair like a golden retrievers, so soft too, so sofft! I think it's not quite grown up yet, but close, it's teeth were very white, so it's a youngun either way. Male too. Not sure if it is fixed or not. We gave him some water and he drank it down like he was very thirsty. I didn't have anything really to feed him, as I don't have a dog, and didn't want him to hang about if I fed him. I felt he needed to find his owners. The land behind our backyard is a park with a jogging path, and many, many people daily walk their dogs back there.

Well, after time it got dark and the dog wasn't in our yard anymore (it barked a lot back there, like it lived here LOL), so I figured it jumped the fence and left. I felt though really bad for it, that it was in the dark, lost and alone. I tried to convince my hubby to call Animal Control, but he didn't want to because he doesn't want the dog to end up being put to sleep. And I don't either, this do is so nice! It layed on its back and rolled around in front of me, then when I sat down on the side porch steps it leaned into my legs and looked up at me, it is just the nicest dog! And so soft too! Gah it killed me wondering what happened to it overnight last night.

Well, I got up this morning, no sign of it, and I just hoped that maybe it found its way back home, and just put it out of my mind. Until I got home from work, and about an hour later after it got dark, I'm sitting at my PC, and have the window open, and I hear this familiar bark LOL. So I go to the side porch, turn on the light, and yep, there he is again. Sigh, still about. So I took another bowl of water out to it, but it didn't seem to want any (there IS a creek not far off, so I figure it probably had drank from it). I got to petting him and ran my hand along his back, and got to behind is ribs? And it was only about 5 inches wide. OMG. He is really skinny! You can't tell with all the fur! I could also feel his ribs. So I dunno, I didn't want to feed him, but at that point I just thought I had to do something. So I got these dog treats in my pantry that I occasionally toss to the neighbor's dog, and I gave him like, eight LOL. Then I gave him 5 pieces of bologna at once (all I have!).

I just know now this dog will return. I think if it was living in a house nearby it would have found home by now, as he seemed to find our house again. Also, when I first saw him, he had a collar on, but nothing written on it. Today no collar. NO idea what happened to it. I'm gonna have to do something, but not sure what. I just got a feeling the owners are gone, but I'm going to call the animal shelter myself tomorrow and ask them if anyone has been looking for a dog. I have no idea how long this dog has been astray now that I saw how skinny it was. I just don't want the dog to be put to sleep is all, I really don't. He'd make an excellent pet for any family I swear. I'm sorely tempted to take him in myself, but it would be a lot of work as I'd have to chain him in the backyard, because of that one short fence he can obviously vault right over LOL. And my cat. Sigh. No really great timing. But again, I've got to do something if it keeps returning here, I feel responsible because it came to me. LOL man I'd love to just open the door and let him in, I bet he'd be a good boy and just sit somewhere politely I swear, if not for hubby, I'd probably have already done so.

Ack. Just driving me nuts worrying about this dog, had to post about it, my apologies for the rant!

Reality Show Recaps