View Single Post
Old 02-08-2001, 02:02 PM   #21
BLACK KNIGHT

Two things:

Hellfire: Chin up, man. Good guys don't always finish last, it just feels like it sometimes. And you are not the only mature 24 yr old on the board. =) Let me tell you a story. I was about 3 months away from being married at one point, and she decided she didn't love me. Then I found out she had been seeing someone for about 2 months. And she was pregnant. It was his. So I moped about for about 10 days then I started looking and about two months later I found a girl who would put up my Gaming, CRPGing, card-playing, ESPN watching, sumo-wrestling ways and I have been with her for 2.5 years. So you never know. She is married with two kids and a Mortgage and her hubby is a cop who could be shot anytime leaving her with the mortgage and two kids and a crapping job because she was an English/History major. So things do work out sometimes for us nice guys.

And Two: why is V'Day always about getting the GIRL things? Cleaning the house for HER . . . buying presents for HER. Being romantic for HER. Why can't it be about doing stuff for HIM? What about it Ladies, what special things do you do for you Man on V'Day? I personally do romantic, special things year round (ie flowers just because, cards to say I love you, planned weekends away, poetry in her purse, etc) so I feel I don't need a specific day to do these things.

BK