View Single Post
Old 07-05-2002, 09:40 AM   #42
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

One point Id like to make about the removal of words. Ive seem more blacks call eachother the "N" word than Ive ever heard white people use it. "N this" "N that" "Wut up N" "N you CRAZY!!" Many dont mind if a white person says it---- its in the tone of voice that pisses them off. Say the "N" word one way and they laugh and pat you on the back all buddy buddy. Say it the other way and they try to take your head off.

Historicly the Chinese hate the Japanese and visa versa. Maybe thats the problem. I dont know what the cause is or who the group is but its pretty damn stupid.

Ive never BEEN politicly correct. I never WILL be politicly correct. Im not even going to TRY to be politicly correct. They can pass all the dumb laws they want but it doesnt mean I wont ignore them if its not convenient for me. It doesnt matter if its how much pressure I can have on my showerhead or if its the word "oriental."

People have been using the word "oriental" for hundreds, even thousands of years. Passing a law will NOT stop that overnight.

I know alot of my fellow Texas often refer to ANY soft drink as a COKE. We say "lets go to the store and get a Coke." Often times we buy Dr. Pepper or Pepsi or Mountain Dew or R.C. or Sprite.

Might as well be trying to outlaw the word Coke when not actually talking about Coca-Cola. (The word coke comes from the Coca plant that cocaine is made from. The word Cola comes from the Cola bean which also an ingredient in Coca-Cola. Yes Coke still has cocaine in it but its be processed down so many times its called De-cocanised coke. There are only about 4 particles in a 12 ounce can, and they have no potency.)