View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 04:05 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

I recommend reloading [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Reasons:

1. The katana is not worth of blessing. Waste of money. You will find much better weapons later that can be blessed. I consider blessing the Witch's Stick a better idea than blessing the katana - because of the Sleep bonus attack.
2. I consider blessing for damage much more worth than blessing for hit. In fact, I am blessing my weapons only for damage and, sometimes, for toughness. I've never used the "to hit" blessing.
3. Blessings for toughness. Worth and sometimes necessary if the weapon has low toughness. Note that there are weapons in the game, which have no toughness at all (rapiers, Witch's Stick and some others). These weapons will try to disintegrate every time you look at them. They need toughness blessing at any rate. For rough orientation, I suggest the following table.

no toughness stat - unbearable. Who is supposed to fix the weapon after any combat and even during the combats.
20% - unsatisfactory. You will need to fix this weapon frequently.
40% - better but not enough. You will need to fix this weapon often but it's no tragedy.
60% - more than enough. You will fix this weapon only sometimes, fixing a weapon will not be your main occupation.
80% - luxury. You can forget the Forge skill. Unnecessary.

Notes:
1. Assassin's Dagger. It has no toughness stat but it seems to be unbreakable. I've never seen any "damaged" stat on it, even after the toughest battles. Do not waste blessing slots on it by blessing it for toughness.
2. Armor, rings, etc. They have the toughness stat but they never deteriorate. Do not bless these items for toughness. Only weapons deteriorate and need a good toughness.

Recommendation: Bless the Witch's Stick. Three times for toughness (toughness 60%) and eight times for damage (damage 10 - 20). You will get a weapon good enough for Valeia and Ishad N'ha. The weapon has the Sleep bonus attack and it can be equipped by any role. Right, you will need a better weapon in Brimloch Roon. Don't worry, you will find much better weapons than the stick once you reach Brimloch Roon [img]smile.gif[/img]