View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Man of Steel ( minor spoil )

So...being, as I am, a huuge fan of Superman comics, and all shows related I've ofc been anticipating Man of steel like a little girl that knows her new pony will be arriving soon.

I was off with a group of friends to watch it back when it premiered and I liked it, action was great and they really nailed the new costume. A few days later I went to see it again with another good friend who could not make it for the first screening and this time my reaction was somewhat cooler.

I still like the movie, actingwise its lightyears better than "Brandon Routh" in Superman Returns, I really like Henry Cavhil as Superman and I find that most of the movie is indeed great. HOWEVER... character build up is almost non-existent and worse is that the editing of the movie with cutbacks to childhood works against the movie imho - because you're always struggling to keep up. The most important thing I felt was lacking was actually Clark Kent, the bumbling, nerdy and very ANTI-heroic journalist is introduced in the last 2 minutes of the movie and does give me hope that the sequel will be sporting Mr.Kent and his attempts of saving the world without notice.

On a sidenote: Just a bunch of strange stuff.

Dr. Emil Hamilton is played by Richard Schiff in the movie, the officer Sekowsky sitting next to him manning the computers in the arctic is the actor that played Dr. Emil Hamilton in the Smallville show, Allesandro Juliani.
Amy Adams who plays Lois Lane is also from Smalville, though she only had one appearance as a good girl with a seriously weird eating disorder.

and my absolute favourite, Henry Cavhil is an AVID fan of Skyrim and even played WoW to level 90 with his three trolls - who knew! lol

Anyways I think the sequel will definatly be more about CK and bring back some of the charm thats missing from the first - hopefully with equally insane action scenes.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote