Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Magness:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
Chamber #4 "clockwork" monks.

Summon a monster to keep the monks busy. Summon a 2nd one to really kill them. When a monk is nearly dead, a timer ticks down until he blows up. Run to the pedestal in the NW corner of the room. Standing on that pedastal (near where the weapons are hidden) protects you from their fire damage.

Kill all the monks.
This part is wrong. When the timer start, a switch will appear somewhere on the room. Using it will instantly kill the monk and disable the timer. You can know where the switch is by watching the small visual effect they show when the timer start.

That is what they meant when they said you could use the room to your advantage.
[/QUOTE]Luvian, there's nothing "wrong" in what I stated. I was not aware that there was any clock-stopping switch and have not seen it mentioned in the other forum.

Regardless, I got thru that room without any serious damage following the advice I wrote above. Heck, I used the room to my advantage by standing on the pedestal that gave my cleric fire resistance.
[/QUOTE]You are right, your advice is not wrong, I might have used the wrong word. What I meant to say is that it is not the "official" way to solve this room. I pointed it out because, like you said, no one seem to know about it.