View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 09:11 PM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Well I hope you had a no-thunderstorm evening Nerull. I know what it's like, I took the bus/subway/walk deal for 8 years, and the weather is a big issue that is not an issue at all for those that drive. I always hated it that the summer t-storms often come up around 4:00 - 5:00pm, right when I'm getting off of work! I remember many just popping up while I was midway to the subway station (which took about 15 minutes of walking to get there) and the wind would turn my umbrella inside out, so that's useless. Most weather predictions suck, I have curses so many weathermen in my life it isn't even funny LOL. It gets sad it really does, I mean even I could do better than them I think sometimes, pay ME! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] But, I will say though that I think some of those summer t-storms come up very quickly, and a lot of them are localized, so it may be difficult to predict them and broadcast them in time. I use weather.com and it seems to be the only best bet, cause it shows a map and shows where the rain is, only problem though is they only seem to update every half hour, doh! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Actually, a trained monkey rolling dice could probably do better than them...

However, other than one part of the day where it rained for 5 minutes, it was just on-and-off cloudy and sunny. So the Weather Channel was pretty much dead on stating no thunderstorms. However, the reason it irked me so much is that the local guys also have the radar going every ten minutes, and there have been times they have been right and the Weather Channel has been wrong. Oh well, now they are going back and forth about if it will/how much it will rain tomorrow. Morons...
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin