View Single Post
Old 11-09-2001, 02:13 AM   #3
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

I'm almost positive Scarlet Ninja-To is only usable by monks.
as for Belm, it's only +2 so it's pretty useless. can't even hit a vampire I think. besides, there isn't a single worthwile scimitar available until late in the game (Water's Edge, found in Ust'Natha). I think early on there's only Kachiko's Wakizashi, sold by Joluv, but it's nothing to scream about. it's +3 but that's it.

my personal favorite are axes. there's Frostreaver that's available really early (I love weapons that do elemental damage) and then there's Stonefire (also does some elemental damage) and Axe of Hrothgar, both +3. then there's Azuredge for killing undead and Rifthome Axe +3, which is a good throwing axe. not to mention Axe of the Unyielding, one of the best weapons in ToB (my second favorite, right after Ravager).
I also like katanas, because of Celestial Fury, which is just awesome. but other than that there's no other useful katana in SoA, so that's a real drawback. still, I love to get GM in them just for CF.

on the other hand, I've never ever used long or bastard swords. call me strange, but I never found any of them too useful... there are some very good ones in ToB, so I might even try them sometime...

[ 11-09-2001: Message edited by: frudi_x ]