View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #10
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Priests
The first thing all players must understand about priests are that they are very frail. Just one mistake in combat can cost you a resurrection. They are poor contenders in terms of combat (cloth armor, poor weapon slots), while the majority of their spells are meant for buffing and protecting other players. Thus, this by far one of the worst solo classes out there. Priests are a supporting class which everyone loves; they can make any party a massive machine of death. However, when faced with combat they have some nice damaging spells.
Have you ever even played a Priest? With comments like "Worst solo class in the game", I think it's pretty obvious that you haven't. I have a 60 Undead Priest on Bloodscalp and, barring instances, I solo'd the whole way there. If you spec Shadow, you can really do some serious damage in PvP or PvE. Most alliance would turn and run without even trying to fight, unless they outnumbered me 2 or 3 to one. After you hit 60, you spec over to Holy or Disc and become a vital part of end-game instance groups. I'm always getting invites for Blackrock Spire, Scholomance, Dire Maul, Blackrock Depths, Stratholme, etc. Lately I can't even be on during big guild raids without someone asking me if I want to do Molten Core or Zul Gurub. The Priest is a very versatile class and by far the best in the game, IMHO.

I would strongly recommend you read a guide written by someone who's played the class they are writing about, instead of what looks like a straight copy of the text out of the game manual. Don't get me wrong; there is some good information here. I just feel that there is definitely room for improvement.

Glycerine
Glycerine_74 is offline   Reply With Quote