Thread: Scars
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #23
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Question Mark

Okay...I've got dozens of scars (*many* small ones from kitten scratches/bites), but I'll hit the highlights...

Left cheek (face [img]tongue.gif[/img] ): Three punctures from a neighbor's cat biting my face - got cellulitis (?) from that incident - mostly faded now, but I can still feel them.

Left side of head: Was "scalped" to the bone in an auto accident in '98. Baldish for more than three months until the stitches knit up again (had 36 stitches). (Makes a huge reversed "C" on the side of my head). My hair's grown back now, but it grows with all kinds of "cowlicks". [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Left middle finger: Lost the last 1/2" of it when I was 2. Got it caught in a swinging door. Nail grows halfway, then curls under my finger. The middle section also has a scar from a meat slicer incident when I worked in fast food.

Left forefinger: 3rd degree burn scar at section closest to knuckle on hand.

Left thumb: Faded dog bite scars

Back of left hand: Gash scars from '98 wreck.

Left palm: Knife puncture scar (reached into the dishwasher to get a fork and a steak knife had been washed point up)

Left forearm: attempted suicide scars (thankfully very faded after all these years) and a dog bite scar.

Right hand: various knuckles and the back of that hand have more scars from the '98 wreck.

Right wrist and outer palm: scars from putting my hand through a window accidentally.

Right forearm: grotesque scarring from being mangled by broken glass in the same '98 wreck.

Left knee: skin looks different after falling when a child and scraping all the skin off of it. Took months to heal.

Left foot (toe right next to big toe): Scar right across the middle of the nail bed and around the bottom of the toe where I almost chopped it off with a maddock by accident as a kid.

Right calf: Long scar from falling on a sea wall in Florida and gashing my leg open.

PLUS! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've broken 6 fingers (just not my pinky fingers), both big toes, both pinky toes, dislocated both thumbs and my right shoulder, AND broke my right collarbone in the '98 wreck. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm a mess.

[ 01-05-2005, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Lady Sedai ]