Thread: LOF: Awakenings
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:39 PM   #288
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Default Re: LOF: Awakenings

For Plaxica

She listens with great attention as the outsider speaks in the hope that her limited mastery of the strange tongue of this place will grasp something of the nuanced meaning that is likely to found within his words. She pauses a long moment considering his question, her eyes narrowed in concentration and her gaze firm. In the confidence that she has perceived his meaning correctly her face suddenly brightens, losing the harshness of its focus in the unbridled joy of a broad and unfeigned smile. Her laughter is strong, even reckless in its music, as she turns her face upward into the full light of the sun, a fierce and passionate laughter with no trace of mockery. She laughs freely not noticing how startling the sudden and abrupt shifting of her mood between such extremes is for the outsiders.

The warmth of her smile lingers upon her words as she speaks, “I have heard that name..... Wind...bringer,” she says the word reluctantly and with difficulty. "And I know that one to whom it has been given.....” She pauses searching after words. “..... by those of these lands ..... where the Sky is so far ..... away.” Once more her eyes narrow and her gaze grows firm as she studies the outsider who has come so great a distance with his woman and his child following. “But I will not speak of these things ...... or of that one ......” Her accent is more pronounced and she is unsure how to express herself. “...... in words that are born of dirt.” There is nothing of haughtiness about her, but there is a real pride about her bearing as she fixes her eyes upon those of the outsider.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote