View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Default Re: Genesis v Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebodog View Post
I lean towards the Collins era but do like the occasional tune while Gabriel was out in front. Personally, I prefer Peter Gabriel's solo work to his Genesis stuff. His version of Don't Give Up with Sinead O'Connor was incredible and In Your Eyes is my all time favourite song. Period.

Along the same lines, I prefer Collins' solo efforts to his Genesis days as well. I can always find something that fits my interests from Face Value. To date, there's nothing like cranking up In the Air Tonight and playing the "air drums." I liked Hello, I Must be Going as well. He seemed to go more mainstream from there; almost like the music lost it's edge.

Let's not forgot the Calling All Stations fiasco with Ray Wilson...ugh...I remember first finding the album and buying it immediately thinking this was some long, lost masterpiece. Boy was I surprised.
Actually it was Kate Bush on "Don't Give Up" But yeah great song. Sinead was on "Us" on "Blood of Eden" and "Come Talk To Me".

Agreed about Face Value. And Agreed about Gabriel's solo work. I'm a HUUUUGE Gabriel fan, but growing up loved the "Invisible Touch" album.

I love the irony of Gabriel's first #1 "Sledgehammer" knocking off Genesis' first #1 "Invisible Touch" from the US #1 spot in 1986. Craziness...!

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote