View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Two days ago something tragic happened...

I was busy playing GW on my computer like the massive geek that I am, when I quickly became distracted by my new flatmate playing Banjo-Kazooie (which, strangely enough, is absolutely fantastic to just watch if your new roommate has very poor hand-eye co-ordination skills). Unfortunately I became quite .. er.. animated giving advice one time, and when I turned back to my laptop my hand nudged the cup full of green cordial (or kool-aid, for you Yanks) sitting before my keyboard. Suffice to say, green liquid poured EVERYWHERE, screen, keyboard, desk, pants etc etc.

I quickly turned the laptop upside down, drained it as best I could, and left it upside down to drain any remaining sticky liquid out.

Unfortunately, my punishment for carelessness is that my keyboard does not work any longer. I'm DEVASTATED! And, I'm a complete tool. I'm usually soooooo careful with my things. The only work-around I can get is to, ahem, 'borrow' my partner's USB keyboard while he uses the shitty and old spare keyboard. Basically what this means is that I need to buy a new keyboard, because Ian Thorpe will announce his heterosexuality before I get to use his keyboard whilst he is stuck using the piece of crap we call a 'spare'. I can't use the spare because it has the old-school pin connector, not a USB port. My laptop does not support such outdated nonsense.

Has anyone else done something similarly dumb? And does anyone know what one might do to fix said broken keyboard? Everything else works great- mouse, screen, the damn thing turns on just fine... but I just can't use it for gaming, which is its purpose.

Makes me sad, it does.

So please, after that little tirade, send me your condolences.

Regards,

-Dave_the_quack

[ 01-08-2007, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Dave_the_quack ]
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote