View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:52 AM   #100
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
i believe that if you read the whole thread you will see that my husband has made it clear he dislikes islamofacists, not muslims as a people. he has studied and looked into things.
That's great to hear, but really my post was directed towards Morgeraut and not at you or your husband.

Quote:
the fact that you feel that muhammed (?spelling?) had a right defend himself violently proves that the islamic church was based on violence. whether or not that is how it is today is kind of hard to tell.
Sure it was, but then every religion/belief has its fair share of historical violence - it doesn't mean that the violence becomes unseperable from the religion which was the point I was trying to make.

Quote:
all of us seem to want to point fingers at those who think differently than ourselves..
Well darn, I didn't think I was pointing figures at anyone - indeed the whole point of my post was to try and halt the pointing of fingers!

Quote:
Originally posted by RevBuby:
but the anger here reallys hould stop and i do wish either people would leave this thread or a mod would shut it down. no one is learning anything here.
I'm certainly not angry and I think, considering the emotive topic, that tempers have been kept quite well all things considered.

As for learning things - I've certainly found it informative looking through the thread, and if just one person is encouraged to do some independent research about Islam rather than rely on a specific type of source then this thread will have acheived something worthwhile...

[ 02-09-2005, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]