View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 09:03 AM   #16
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
DM thats the most sensible thing you can do. Unless you relly are involved with suspect groups, there just isn't enough time for the big evil government to pay any attention to you.

The databases started being kept the minute companies started keeping track of their customers. All the surveys, all the discount cards that people apply for so they can swipe them at the counter...People have been broadcasting their personal information for decades, never wondering where all that info might wind up. How many of those "idiot cards" that you find in magazines have you filled out? How many online surveys have you done? (note: Im not picking on DM here, Im tlaking about all of us).
True. I'm constantly amazed at how many people contact me because they know I'm a homeowner. It's public knowledge and people use it all the time.
I'm more annoyed about telemarketers getting their hands on my info than ASIO or someone like that. (I'm assuming that Australia has similar policies and if they don't, U.S. puppet Johnny Howard will make sure we do soon...)