View Single Post
Old 05-08-2002, 05:23 PM   #31
Dramnek_Ulk

[quote]Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
[qb]
Quote:
Well, that would be due to their belief that since all life is sacred in the eyes of god, even while only sperm possibly, contraceptives are killing any possibility for life, which they think is wrong.
It's due to the interpretation of certain parts of the bible.
One of the method by which the Catholic Church controls people is by teaching them that sex is a bad thing. This creates constant guilt and repression in people thus binding them closer to the church, since sex & related things is a fact of life and something most people encounter often.
Contraception chips away at this by allowing sex to be had as a recreational activity, this threatens and undermines an important part of their power strategy I.e. that sex is wicked and should only be performed for procreation.
The opposition to contraception (and therefore Safe Sex) is also Idiocy on a rarely seen scale what with AIDS/HIV and so many other sexually transmitted diseases around nowadays.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
KK I do agree with your last post Cerek. [img]smile.gif[/img] Well I just put that person on ignore finally. I really do hate to be threaten. Anyway,

Dramnek_Ulk I do agree with you last post about the fact that at this point the leaders of the church are concerned about keeping their power. However they do not represent the church in total. I would draw your attention to the fact that after this recent bishops meeting that the bishops here in America which were not there rejected the fact that the proposed changes in church policy would not be retroactive. Prehaps the Roman church will eveolve as did the English church and allow marriage for all it clergy and allow the ordination of women. We shall see.
The Catholic Church is an authoritarian organisation, demanding absolute loyalty to and following of dogma. Under its current rulers no change will be permitted or allowed, It will have to change or die if it wishes to keep it’s place in today’s modern world.

[ 05-08-2002, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Dramnek_Ulk ]