View Single Post
Old 02-10-2002, 11:34 AM   #26
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
Yeah Bush is talking Deficit spending..but from the numbers Ive read about, its not a permanent condition, and the deficit can be gotten rid of again.

But it's always left to some other poor joker to clean up the deficit spender's messes. Just once, I'd like to hear somebody like Bush who speaks about incurring a huge deficit say, "Don't worry, I promise on my oath of office that next year I will provide a budget that wipes out all the deficit we've gained."

Like that will happen.

Unfortunately just like where real life cannot like sitcoms be taken care of in one episode neither can all a nations issues be addressed in a single year, a single term or even some times in a single decade.

Whenn it is nesecary it makes sense to spend, if that means you will then be able to survive to work your way out of debt. Who would it serve to cancel all the proposed spending if it means that within the next few years, some idiot terrorist group useing our nations own economic realities to to raise the money...then aquire a few dirty nukes or biological weapons and totaly wipes out our ability to function by contaminating ur economic centers for the next several centuries? Defense spending wether directly to the military or through intelligence and security agencies is rarely a waste....it becomes wasteful when you allow the politicians in the house and senate to add porkbarrel spending to the equation. Everyone remembers the $400 toilet seat...want to know why it cost that much?? Because Congress and the GAO made precise specifications a part of the contract..rather than just buy off the shelf..everything had to be held within ridiculous tolerances. If any one labors under the misconception that our political leaders in congress on either side of the house are very intelligent...watch them in action sometime on CSPAN ..I swear some of those guys are barely literate.

OH and just so eveyrone knows..I am a bit ticked at the Republican election campaign in South Dakota useing 9/11 footage in their ads....Run on your merrits dammit not on current events!