View Single Post
Old 10-14-2000, 05:09 PM   #5
TDZHON

When you say they can't use magic, what do you mean? There are magic items they can use...

Plus, at Grand Master of Flowers level, a monk has 7 attacks per round (lvl 17), and if you have nice str, you can be VERY devistating. (at least that was how AD&D was - haven't played a monk up that high yet in BG2)

Also, hand of death can be used several times during a day as a Monk goes up in level, and this is a great way to take out a few baddies instantly in a fight. I don't like the lower HPs of a monk though, that was the only reason I switched my original party which featured a monk as the primary character. When I saw that the Half-Orc could have 19 str and con, it was a no-brainer.

The perfect albiet boring party would be 3 pure half-orc fighters, 2 dual-class thief (7th go dual) MUs, and one dual-class fighter (7th) cleric.

All fighters are for melee - 19 str, 18 dex, 19 con. two should specialize two points in dual-wield, one in long-sword/mace, one in axe/hammer. The other should use 4 points in two-handed sword, 2 in two-handed weapon style.

The dual classed thief/mu's should split their thief skills - one is great at locks and traps, the other at hide in shadows/detect traps. At 7th (the beginning of BG2) switch to MU and follow your fighters. You'll run into a bunch of traps, so you may want to stagger your second thief and wait until the first gets his MU level to 8 (will go quick) so you have a funtional thief for the beginning of the game. The Cleric should start as a fighter and immediately dual to cleric (specialize in sling and flail - 18 wis and dex, str you will get from magic items). You should have no prob in the beginning of the game protecting the dual mages and cleric until they level up.

Not the most interesting or exciting party, but unbeatable IMO.