View Single Post
Old 10-17-2001, 11:51 AM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by tehmpus:
Dundee, I wish I could have responded to your note a bit sooner, but Im currently at work. My comment pertained to the character class of your main (personal) character. Im sorry if that wasn't obvious. Certainly rogues and clerics serve important functions in any group. My point was simply that warriors were more powerful than either of those classes in a classic D&D setting, and was a logical choice as a main char in Baldur's gate. My other note was a response to someone who apparently thinks that rogues can whoop up on warriors in single combat *cough*. No matter, I suppose the moral of the story is that a balanced group of classes is certainly best, but we were talking about the power level of the main. That's all.
Ah I see, hmmmm... although it is the general opinion( at least over at the Black Isle Forums) that the main char is meant to be a Mage/Sorcerer, with Fighter second.

As for Thief vs Fighter... eh... depends on the situation. In a man to man fight, the fighter will most certainly cream the thief, but if the thief uses sneaky tactics such taunting and luring you to a area filled with traps... well you get my point.

Cleric vs Fighter... eh... I guess the Fighter will win. A Mage/Cleric or a Ranger/Cleric will be a different matter though.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips