View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 12:21 PM   #7
Ironbar
Manshoon

I was unable to uninstall due to the condition of the old hard drive (20gb). It created a problem whereby it prevented windows from booting off the main hard drive. It meant that i was stuck in dos with no escape. My damaged hard drive was then disconected and everything worked fine. Upon installing a new hard drive i thought the problem would be over but it has continued. The only games that have been a problem are bg2 (+tob) and iwd (1&2). These games each wanted to be uninstalled first (impossible) but my other games didn't ask to be uninstalled and i was able to install them as usual.

I have used the setup method directly off the cd but that asks for the game to be uninstalled, when i let the cd autoplay it wants to play the game before realising the files don't exist.

I did the registry edit thing but that only recognises drives c & d, as e is now a cd drive. I was hoping that by partitioning d into d & e i would create the e registry and allow for a bizarre uninstalation to take place.

Thanks for the help so far, any other ideas?