View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 11:58 AM   #10
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
There's just one problem with all this talk about taxes and the working poor. And that is the fact that they will get all their tax money back and in alot of cases some extra. The top 50% of wage earners in this country pay 96.09% of all taxes. It's past time that government stopped trying to shackle the producers in this country.
Dude! Of course they do! It makes perfect sense when you think about it! They pay 96% of the taxes. I'm also willing to bet that they make about 96% of the income! Listen to the way that comment was phrased! A perfect example of statistical nonsense! Sheesh!

After all taxes are paid everyone except poverty level people pay about the same amount percentage wise. This includes ALL INDIVIDUAL taxes paid. Income, property, and sales tax. It's been argued that I can't include state taxes in a coversation about federal ones. I beg to differ. Taxes are taxes and no matter how you divvy them up they still cost you the same!