View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: New 'old school' game like Eye of the Beholder - Legend of Grimrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
@Micah

What's the file name convention? When you start a new game you can choose male or female pix. So somewhere in the name there needs to be an indicator of sex, right?
Not necessarily. None of the other games that allow custom portraits require any sort of specific format for a file NAME, only file type.

The portraits that come with the game are stored as .dds files and are named to distinguish between sex and race, but I've searched the Grimrock forums and can't find any naming requirements for custom portraits; just the file size and type restrictions. Apparently other folks are using custom portraits without any specific names without issues. You might try posting on the Grimrock forums and asking there.

Start a new game, select create characters, then click import portrait, all the details are there when you mouse over.

FWIW, NWN1/2 didn't require a specific naming convention for custom portraits. I only invented one to keep track of the pics I made in my own files.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 04-28-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote