Thread: Chess
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 02:51 PM   #1
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I need a bit of help for chess... The problem mainly stems from me being unable to move my pieces around effectively. Okay, I start as white doing the usual opening and grabbing control of the middle. However, as the pawns start to occupy and control more and more space, I find myself unable to move or plan anything worthwhile without ending up on the bad side of the exchange, both position and piece wise. Then my opponent just steamrolls over me and combo attacks the middle, bruteforcing his way in and eventually securing a win.

What should I do in that situation? And what should I do when the pawns are preventing me from striking?

ADD] Oh, and because of his strong force in the middle, I leave a token force in the middle so that a) I can come out ahead in pieces, and b) so that I can wing attack with the pieces that I just came ahead with and possibly get more advantage or win the game. I usually do some wing attacks/harrassment to draw some of his pieces out, but it usually ends up being a waste of time.

[ 05-22-2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!