View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 03:52 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*snicker* I knew I shouldn't leave you guys alone here! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

I actually started the Cafe threads because we had a lot of people wanting to say hi to one another, ask about their day or see how a new baby/pet/car was doing but they'd do it in threads not related to the topic at all and it would cause the flow of debate/discussion to be messed up, sometimes drawing some heat from the people participating. We need a place to have short 'real life' conversations where nobody cared if they got 'interupted' by other short conversations. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For example, rather than start a whole thread to ask Harly (for instance) how her kitty is doing today, I'd post it here in the Cafe so it wouldn't interrupt other discussions but I could find out what I wanted to know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It worked out beautifully.

One of our members at the time, Rudedawg, encouraged me to go ahead and create the Cafe after I mentioned that I'd thought about it. So here it is, over a year later, still going strong.