View Single Post
Old 11-18-2001, 09:17 PM   #1
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

This was one of the most faithful renderings of a fantasy novel I have ever seen, witholding final judgement until Lord of The Rings comes out here in a bit.

Having many of my favorite sci-fi and fantasy books prostituted on the twin Hollywood altars of profit and pandering, I was slightly apprehensive about this flick, but all I can say is WOW
:thumbs up: [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
yes, two thumbs up, Amanda was rapt the entire time, which is quite a feat, considering her media attention span of a gnat generated by the cartoon channel.
Having read the first three books at least a half dozen times now, I was keen to any deviation, and they certainly exist, needing at least 9 or 10 hours to actually do the story justice on the screen; but, I was pleased at how seamlessly they were done.
Considering all the media hype about how the author was involved, I thought the things left out gave a certain view on what she found important.
Final Judgement?---I am going to get myself a dvd player for X-mas this year, so I can buy the DVD as soon as it is out!
I loved it, had a great time, take your kid, borrow the neighbor's, or suck it up and go alone in a robe and conical hat, but GO! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm