Thread: Wait button?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
manikus
Jack Burton

Default Re: Wait button?

You know, I don't think I've played Might and Magic...I just did a bit of research, and it looks like a game I have played (freeware, Ancients I) was based on Might and Magic III-V. Interestingly, the same company owns the rights to M&M as FRUA and all the GOldBox games (Ubisoft).

As for NeverWinter Nights on AOL, the game was exactly like the other GoldBox games until combat was entered - that was the multi-player part. During combat, which was still turn-based, the player had 15 seconds to make a decision or their turn was lost until the next round. I think experience was handled differently as well, but you'll have to ask in the FRUA Community forums for someone such as Vix to answer as I never played it on AOL, but have downloaded and played as well played the Forgotten Worlds game which uses the NWN/AOL engine.

For a long time, folks regularly requested a mutli-player version of DC...personally, not my thing, I think your time would be better spent if you played the modern NeverWinter Nights or Dungeons & Dragons Online, something where you could chat. Of course, I suspect that the AOL folks had their AIM open while playing, and DCers could dod the same if this were ever to happen (which would be way passed version 1.0).