View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 04:37 PM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Good question. In theory multi-player gaming is MUCH better because you get to face far superior intelligence (usually anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) than the computer can muster. Human players will exploit your weaknesses and learn from their mistakes. Current AI in computer games does not do this...although we are getting there: take the computer that beat Kasparov at chess for example - the program running on that can actually learn which at present is quite unique.
Anyway I say "in theory" multi-player is better because in practice, many times you do not have time to get into a multi-player game because it takes so long to organise to get your friends together and play through the whole game. You can't just stop and save it when you feel like it, as you can in single player. For this reason I end up still playing single player 90% of the time because I can never devote enough time in one chunk to play a multi-player game to its completion. The exception is games like Unreal T. where you can just jump in, play for 10 minutes and log off.

While we're on the topic : Anyone want a game of Heroes of Might and Magic IV at some point? Pleeeeease..... it's such a wicked game and no one to play against (except random people on gamespy which is not the same)
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray