View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 05:46 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ReGiN:
And, Memnoch..couldn't you guys and teamBG join forces and combine THEIR forum, with a NEW ONE HERE?
you get it?
I think it's a pretty good idea since so many people are already asking questions here...and ironworks is a pretty established BG forum...

[This message has been edited by ReGiN (edited 10-22-2001).]
That wouldn't work well in practice, Regin. Ken Baker and I know each other from the past as the BG admin community on the web tends to cross paths on occasion, but this forum and site is a gaming/social forum/site first and foremost, with the emphasis on providing information and discussion about games, news, walkthroughs and stuff like that. The closest site to this in terms of discussing game issues is The Mithril Hall, which is a smaller forum run by Lady Nightshade, Ken's wife.

TeamBG is first and foremost a customization and modding site for the Infinity Engine line of products. It's more a working forum, if you like, for people who want to learn how to customize their game and to do things like create items, spells, change scripts, and eventually create an entire new (unofficial) adventure such as The Darkest Day. They do NOT answer game-related questions there (Darkest Day is an exception as it is a mod created by a group using TeamBG's tools). I would strongly recommend getting membership at TeamBG if you are interested in customization of the BG series or IWD.

So our target markets are reasonably different as you can see.

------------------