Thread: Wife V. BG2
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2001, 05:29 PM   #1
puzzled

I tried to send this message before but my ISP cut me off in my prime.
Anyway,I live in a bungalow with two bedrooms. I use the small bedroom to play BG2. I sleep in the other room with this woman. I think she`s my wife or something.
I bumped into her the other day when I was making my way into the kitchen to get another lager.
She looked at me blankly for a moment and said `Who are you? what are you doing in my house? Get out, before I call the police.`
I hate sarcastic people.
Anyway, that was the start of my problems. She`d remembered that I was still in the house and soon afterwards started saying things like `What about the garden?` or `Shouldn`t you put that shelf up in the kitchen?` Worst of all was `How about coming shopping with me?`
Then one day she discovered my print outs from this forum. She was amazed that I was corresponding with wizards,orcs and mages. She muttered something about having me sectioned.
And today she gave me an ultimatum. It seems that tomorrow is some anniversary or something. Oh yeah, that was it, we`ve been married thirty five years tomorrow and she wants me to go out shopping with her and afterwards buy her a present. I brightened up at the present bit, but decided she wouldn`t be impressed if I bought her a copy of Icewind Dale.
Anyway, tomorrow`s crunch time. She says that if I don`t promise to stay off the computer all day she`s going to see her solicitor. I`ve tried to tell her that I`m on chapter seven of BG2 but she just won`t listen.
What do you people think I should do? I mean, I am quite fond of her, but don`t you think she`s being unreasonable?
What should I do?