View Single Post
Old 12-08-2001, 05:33 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Everyone's going to have their own take... but here's mine.

With the first set of stats, you get 6 points to toss around.

For me, it's:

Fighters, Valkyries, Lords, other "melee" (close combat):

3 points in strength, 3 points in vitality.

Rangers, Rogues, Ninjas, Monks (etc):

3 points in Dexterity, 3 points in vitality.

For priests, bishops, (piety casters):

3 points in piety, 3 points in vitality.

For mages, psionics (intelligence casters):

3 points in intelligence, 3 points in vitality.

On the next screen (9 points, I believe):

Melee (Fighters, Lords, Samauris, etc):

3 points in whatever weapon they use (i.e., swords for fighters, lords, etc; polearms for Valkrries, bows for Rangers), 3 points in close combat, 3 points on anything else (bow usually, if not a ranger)

Casters:

Points in whatever their specialty is (Divination for Priests, Bishops, etc, Wizardry for Mages, Alchemy for Alchemist, etc), with the other points going into various "spheres" where they currently have spells.

If ya notice two things for me...

Vitality is extremely important, even for non melee for me. Because if ya get flanked, someone with no hit points is either gonna drain your priest dry of magic; or they're gonna die. So I always put points into vitality to raise their hit points, no matter the class.

Dumping weapons into whatever specific weapon - this is because at 50 (I think it is), they can begin gettting double attacks (and higher if they have magical weapons, say like Bloodlust).

Dumping points into specialties for casters - simply so they don't fizzle or backfire so often. Nothing like having a big fight, go to cast Heal All and it fizzles and most of your party is down on their health.

Anyway, just my two copper on the matter.