View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn1:
the comment that a sorcerer may not find himself with the rigt spell is not really accurate, a poorly leveled sorcerer willfind himself without the right spells, with goodspell picks h beats a mage any day of the week for combt power and can still get the esential buffs, that even if i had a wizard i usaually would only use.
Usually, the sorcerer will have the right spells. However, if you want to cast Eagle's splendor, invisibility, gate, or summoning spells, you may not have it with a sorcerer. Also, you would have to "waste" a spell to take mass haste, which you only cast once per battle.

For example, a wizard may have 2 slots for level 9 spells and have every level 9 spell to cast, while a sorcerer might have 4 slots with only 1 spell. Sure, that sorcerer can whup it up with 4 meteor swarms, but waht if you want to cast Gate or Wail of the Banshee? You will have to wait for another level to chose one of them, and you are still missing one.

Not that sorcerers are bad, but my general rule is:

1st spellcaster: mage
2nd spellcaster: sorcerer
3rd and on: your choice

This gives you all the versatility that you need, while still getting lots of spell power.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote