View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 08:32 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Trillian is good for those who only type-chat. When Nacht and I used to voice chat on either msn or yahoo he had to have the original program because Trillian is usually using older versions of the instant msg programs. But he used to like it for the same reasons you mentioned, Bokken. Easier to open one thing than three!

Harkoliar, I use msn and yahoo for msg programs. I have aim but only a few of my friends are on it. I used to use ICQ alot but hardly touch it now.

Personally, I think msn outshines yahoo for voice chat a hundred to one! Yahoo sounds so much like a 'ham radio' operation to me. If one person starts talking or a sound happens at their end, the other person is cut off. And with yahoo if you use the hands off option, it's sound activated so half the time the other person will hear you starting with your second syllable or even the second or third word.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

With msn, it's like being on the phone, no interruptions and good clear sound. So from my own experience, I'd stay away from Yahoo for voice chats with one person. It's useful for multiple people, but you still have all the problems I mentioned above, only multiplied! So, just my opinion, but I much prefer msn for voice and typing. But some people have good luck with it, like Reeka does. I have one friend who likes it better for type-chats too. (She likes the backgrounds. )

[ 03-03-2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]