View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Dragon Age 2 (Rant included, PG)

What the HELL? So far, the changes included are:

1. No origins. You play a predetermined character like in Mass Effect. Hopefully you'll be able to change his appearance. You can only be a human. Sorry Elves and Dwarves!

2.No more tree branch dialogue. Dialogue now is the wheel from mass effect, which hints at what emotions are going to be used in the different responses. ie: {anger} {Flirt} etc

3."Better Graphics". Screenshots can be found at the top of this page.I know it's still early in development, but the second screen is just HORRID. Not something I'd be proud to unveil.

4.For console users, the strategy based combat is gone. They're changing it for more "fluid, gamepad combat." Combat on PC will remain unchanged from tactical.

After doing a little research, that's all I see. I am extremely dissapointed. It just looks like they're trying to turn DA 2 into the lovechild betweeen MAss Effect 2 and The Witcher, instead of staying to the formula that earned them a resepectable new IP. See how shortlived the "Spiritual successor" to baldurs gate thing lasted?

I realise that Mass effect 2 sold more, so I'm not sure who to blame. Bioware, or EA. Obviously EA, but if all of these are the choices of Bioware, I'm not sure what to think anymore.

God knows my girlfriend will be dissapointed. It's her first RRG on the computer, and she's invested a lot of hours into it. She hates Mass Effect 2. *sigh*

Guess we'll all just have to wait and see. And hope for the best.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote