Thread: BEST TIPS!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2002, 12:00 AM   #137
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Skills you can't train in...

Some skills you can train in when you level up, as listed below.

Strength: Warriors Guild
Intelligence: Wizards Guild
Dexterity: Rogues Guild
Agility: Bushi Guild
Spirituality: Priests Guild
Presence: Priests Guild (by donating money)

In general, you don't want to waste skill points on those skills. Instead, apply them to something you *can't* train in.

For example (and in no particular order):

Sorcery
Prowess
Gallantry

All these are beneficial skills that enhance magic use and combat.

Some skills (like Leadership) don't seem to have much impact. A high AC can offset most attacks.

For other skills, you're better off training in them at the guilds when you level up. For a few (or a lot) of GP, you can increase a full level of skill at one shot. At higher levels, you may need to spend more than 50 skill points to do the same.

There's one clear (in my mind) exception to this rule: always train the first level in a spell skill. If you don't, then you'll be a level behind (level 4 but only able to learn level 3 spells). Learn that first level right away, and you can match skill level to experience level.

For other skills, once a spell book hits level 7, I've seen no real advantage to increasing the skill. I train in other skills at that guild until those other skills are maxed out, at which point I return to train in spell skills.

And the biggie, that I don't think I've seen before... the highest you can train a skill is level 12, with the exception of some special ZenMaster exceptions that allow you to get to 14 in some skills.

*edited to add skill training list and presence*

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Bungleau ]

-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote