View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 AM   #52
Flamestryke
The Magister

And Lord Braffit sells Remove Curse scrolls for what reason? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also remember using Stix and Scrolls of any type increases Artifacts skill.

Sorry I haven't been in to check on this thread before now. Been a little busy. Got new items going in to version 4. Yep, its coming soon. Just awaiting a correspondence to finalize some details for a new item suggestion.

Yeah, it will likely require a new game, but hey, save it for next time.

There will be documentation available with this version in two forms. An Excel workbook and two CSV files, one spoiler, one non-spoiler. The workbook contains every scrap of info about the mod, spoilers and all. If you don't want spoiled then avoid pages like New Item Statistics and New Recipes.

I am also creating a self extracting exe file for it so you don't have to worry about where to copy what file. Just point it to the drive where Wiz8 is installed and let it rip. Its set for C drive so just change that if you have the game installed on another drive. Just don't specify a path, it knows where to go. It assumes you used a default path of Sirtech\Wizardry8, so if you didn't then you will want to extract the files to a temp folder and move them manually as in the past. I am only using an evaluation copy of WinZip to test this out so you may get some message about it not being registered, but it works fine.

I hope it will be available later today.

I have also cleaned up the Mod News page and archived off the old news and downloads which the new Mod News page will link to. It will all go into place as soon as version 4 is done and becomes available.