Thread: Assassination
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2001, 03:07 AM   #15
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
The purpose behind these new smart weapons is to minimize co-lateral damage. Some have the ability to be guided almost to the point of impact. I believe with proper training they can be more effective against this guy then a human assassin. I personally think they should deploy our special forces units.

I do not doubt the ability of a smart weapon to be deliver within 15 feet of it's intended target. The problem with bomb is the explosion. They destroy what's around. People and evidence of people. With a bullet, you have confirmation that the guy is dead because the snipper sees his head being blown appart. With bomb, you don't have that certitude. Also, given the terrain in Afghanistan, it's easy to be protected from bombs. You just need to dig yourself in and you're safe (unless they use nukes or neutrons).

So, assassination is by far much more cleaner and reliable than smart weaponry. Of course, it all depends on the objective. If we are taking about an entire training camp, then yes, a bomb is more effective. However, if we are talking about one single individual that's well protected, use a scope mounted on a USSR made sniper riffle to do the job!

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?