View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Default Re: How hard would it be to redo the graphical interface?

redo-ing the size of the (pseudo-) 3D viewport is possible, and the design was kinda integrated... but the problem lies in tying to design walls for that wider viewport. I've tried for a 3D view that was the entire top of the screen (as in the 3D view would be the size of a bigpic view) and found out that the backgrounds stretch to fit. But the walls with thier offsets were another story altogether. I've been asking about how to determine the offset of a wall, Manikus has asked around; seems nobody knows yet how that works.

Go ahead and mess with it and let us know how you do (If we figure out the offsets then we'll all be better off and a little closer to "unlimited" )

As for the Eye of the beholder type interface as an option (not forced upon the mod designer), then this would be yet another bonus to the game... and if you c reated the "blank" items graphics page (empty slots and empty PC picture) then created some PC pics and item icons and set up some faked "screenshot" type pics you might be able to kick start some programmer into some action on it ('Specially as your artwork is amazing)

That is my 2 cents on the issues
SilentThief the 2 scented

SilentThief