Thread: Norway killings
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Norway killings

In most European countries like Norway - especially a little picturesque island like this one, cops are few and far between. They usually only appear if you call them. It is not like in the states where you see a cop on the roads at least once an hour or less. Or where you see them patrolling the streets intermittantly during the night. I have found in Europe that residents are left largely to their own devices. These incidents are just so rare and unheard of because of restrictive gun-laws in these states, that there usually is not a need for a heavy, consitent police presence everywhere. Sure, in the big cities you will see them patrolling the streets but the lesser areas receive less attention.

Also in a very many European countries cops don't carry guns so they woulda been in the same boat had they approached him. I don't know much about Norway specifically (I can't remember if their cops have guns) and the story is still developing, but I also wonder about the time it took. But then, this is a little island somehwat secluded. And to make matters worse, the dude was dressed as a cop. I imagine this led to all kids of confusion and chaos. I agree, those kids will be scarred. Hoping they get the mental treatment they need to come to terms with this. Reminds us a bit of that Loughner guy, crazed out of his mind.