View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 08:23 PM   #8
manikus
Jack Burton

i think documentation for dc would be great. [img]smile.gif[/img]
i personally prefer .pdf b/c it is so versatile, but i own adobe pagemaker and distiller. i think you paul makes some very excellent arguments for using another format, i think we should be as easy to access for anyone that wants to help, and open source, to be read as free, is certainly easier to access than adobe, to be read as expensive.
i have cheetah 8 i think, and it's really quite easy to use.
there's always html as well.

honestly, there's no reason why it can't be all of the above. and it probably wouldn't hurt to have a .txt version sans the pictures for those of us still using dial-up.

some individual points-
ziroc- readme files or tutorials? i think it's very different to have a file that says what a function does, and to have a file that walks someone through making an item or monster. i think both are very valuable, depending on what you want to get out out of the program.

paul- that help file you started has done more to help me than just about anything else.

steve- i do indeed have a copy of the ua manual that you emailed me, but have been hesitant to post a dungeon craft version of it for copyright purposes. i suppose it could be posted in it's present state, without any changes.

lots of thoughts i hope some of them make sense. i've had a long day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

-manikus