View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 04:11 AM   #16
Cataephract
Dungeon Master

I remember when I was 12 I went to visit my stepdad's family in Oklahoma for a couple of months. They were these sort of odd born-again christians, and they wouldn't let me play PnP D&D because it would inspire me to acts of satanism, neverminding that you spend a lot time fighting demons and such in your average game. They gave me this pamphlet produced by their church, which explained why d&d was satan's work, why it promotes human sacrifice, etc., etc. The best part where these staged photos of people "playing" d&d; eating cats (though it looked like the guy was just kissing his cat), stabbing each other in the classic "sword-through-the-armpit" pose, guys dressed as warriors killing their parents at Thanksgiving dinner (the caption for that one was "But the Dungeon Master ordered it so!"), and a voluptuos, scantily-clad woman joining a "coven" by kissing another woman. There isn't even a witch class, though that picture did get me through the unbearable summer I spent there. They later forced me to join the Boy Scouts as an alternative, which I hated, so I took started putting dog crap in their air conditioning ducts