View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 09:40 PM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
i forgot to post some good news yesterday.....

my older kitty, dexter, has been sick. the vets all think it is a hyperactive thyroid or diabetes. unfortunately because we are in the middle of replacing a car we don't have the $$$ to even get the blood test done ($100.) so i called the shelter we got the kitten from, to see if they could help. once i stated my question she went into how they have 6 animals waiting for major surgery, one of which would cost upwards of $2000. she then suggested that i could volunteer and work off the balance. i started crying, i told her i was 7 months pregnant and have a 14 month old at home, there is no way i could do it, besides driving to the maryland border so often is not in our budget either.

less than a half hour later she called back. someone is willing to donate $200-$300 for my dexter as long as we can make payments! my kitty is going to get hlep as soon as i can take him down there! which will be next week cause we're getting the car on friday! i am so happy! i am just ecstatic with joy. i love my dexter and i wihs we could just take care of it, but it is so hard with a broken car, and a baby on the way, and the fact that nathan is underpaid as it is.

anyway he looks to have lost quite a bit of weight, and we're not sure if his fur has been falling out from fleas or being sick, so this should help, i can't wait!
Hey! I have TWO friends who've taken kitties for thryoid treatments, one was to that clinic and they both had good results! Best of luck to you, rev!!