View Single Post
Old 11-30-2000, 08:23 PM   #5
Jungwirsch

Hail and reverences (seriously) to the man/woman (I've been wisened up lately as to the assumption who's behind non-gender-specific names. Apply new knowledge where you can) who solved the puzzle. From the description, I think I'll still stay with the "Geronimo!"-procedure until I find the ladder from Brooklyn Bridge that otherwise wipes out my party.
By the way, did you read the Darwin Awards? Sounds like Bruce the Bad.
"4 TACOMA, WA - Kerry Bingham, had been drinking with several friends when one of them said they knew a person who had bungee-jumped from the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in the middle of traffic. The conversation grew more heated and at least 10 men trooped along the walkway of the bridge at 4:30am. Upon arrival at the midpoint of the bridge they discovered that no one had brought a bungee rope. Bingham, who had continued drinking, volunteered and pointed out that a coil of lineman's cable lay nearby. One end of the cable was secured around Bingham's leg and the other end was tied to the bridge. His fall lasted 40 feet before the cable tightened and tore his foot off at the ankle. He miraculously survived his fall into the icy river water and was rescued by two nearby fishermen. "All I can say," said Bingham, "is that God was watching out for me on that night. There's just no other explanation for it." Bingham's foot was never located. "