View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Yeah well, that's not unusual, the series isn't that commerically popular anyway, like I said. Still, I've read enough positive reviewers defend it at various websites and those lucky enough to not encounter any bugs still vouch for it. So it depends where you read your reviews, I guess.

But um, back to Gothic II now!

I'm about level 13, taking my time beyond the doors of the valley pass to step toe to toe with a plethora of Orcs. I don't like taking more than one on at a time yet though, so progress is slow but steady as I draw them out and get my tactics sorted - I tend to use lots of reactive counter strikes with sidestep.

I've had alot of great fun around the Onar farm, roleplaying an amoral militia-man wandering around picking random fights with mercenaries and experimenting with certain choices. I found it a bit frustrating at one point to be accused of murder after defending myself against Bullco, who initiated a fight with me after I'd tried to speak to Sylvario. When I tried to return to the farm, I was hung drawn and quartered into a reload. This just meant that I had to be more surreptitious in my killing next time.

I really like the Ultima-style interactivity with every day objects like cooking, weaponsmithing and such. I'll be saving a few learning points for more hunting oriented trophy skills if I can, since I'm starting to notch up a few shadowbeast kills.

As for Gothic I related plot points, there are characters I'm meeting who assume I recognise them from the previous game (Lee for instance) but so far there hasn't been too much that's given me concern for my knowledge void.

The fun continues!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote