View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Fallout Issues...

Playing through Fallout 3 gave me the urge to revisit the original game. So I installed it. Only problem, every few minutes to a few seconds the screen will turn black and I'll have to 'scrape away' the black, or open up the pipboy or character screen. That clears it up momentarily, then it happens again. I'm running on Windows Vista, same old HP set up, all factory parts except the power supply. I seem to remember fallout running fine on this computer in the past. The only thing that's changed is having attempted to run with a new video card that died after a week. drivers have since been rolled back to the default set. Though one anomoly that I've noticed, is in task manager occasionally process will show up shortly after booting up called daemonu.exe, described as an Nvidia update manager or something like that. Not sure if that could have anything to do with the issue.

I should also add that I've installed the unofficial 1.2 patch and high resolution patch from NMA. One of the threads I'd read said they might fix the issue. They did... Then I saved, exited, and when I reloaded the game the issue was back.

another site recommended something called sfall, but it turns out that's only for fallout 2.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 08-29-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote