View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 02:28 AM   #1
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I have an anger problem.

Anger is defined as a "strong feeling of displeasure or hostility." This, of course, we all likely feel on a daily basis. There probably will never be a day that we are not angry over something, be it large or small. You can almost count on anger as a constant companion through life.

---Or so I used to think. I thought that anger was something perfectly natural that we deal with as human beings. This is, of course, partially true. I have to admit, though, that while I seldom if ever have an angry outburst, and tend to forgive easily the trespasses against me, I have never forgiven myself. I have, for years now, gotten angrier and angrier on the inside, and now find myself in a position that I never would have thought possible---I have realized that I have an anger problem, and that I punish myself mentally (and physically, like the senseless beating of the punching bag earlier tonight).

It cannot be healthy, and it is only harming me...so I choose to fix this. I choose now, and say this amongst a group of peers lest I forget, to let go of this anger.

I will be proud of myself again one day soon.

Is that what you really want to say?