View Single Post
Old 10-11-2001, 01:39 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Conan to the rescue!

Quote:
Originally posted by Conan:
How old is the water heater? Or for this matter your pipes in your house? Do you have a water softener? (I think its your hot water heater at first thought) How does the hot water run in the rest of the house?
Water heater is very old (my guess is 15-20 years and I'm not a very good guesser). It looks like a normal gas water heater (size, shape, etc.) but has rust spots on the side and around the bottom.

I would think it's a pipe problem, since the hot water in the other bathroom works much better.

We have a relatively new water softener.

The water pressure in the entire house isn't great, but the hot water in the main bathroom trickles. The the house is plagued with the flushing problem. Flush the toilet (an action usually performed by my son) while someone else is taking a shower (usually me) and the shower gets really hot. Entering the shower is always an adventure -- one never knows if the water is going to suddenly scald. But overall, the water in the house works.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley