View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Thumbs Up This Kills the last Sim City game... Called 'Cities: Skylines' Already Sold 250k!

In one day, it sold over 250,000 copies! And that's for an indy release!
The Cities are MASSIVE, you can create crazy shaped bridges or roads, unlike the last Sim City, where you had a TINY area to make a 'city=i.e. village more like it'.

And it's only $29.99!!!!!

The game reminds me of the old Sim City 3000 or 4000 with 3D graphics, and it has MOD support in a major way! No need to be connected to other users in the game, no BS... Its on Steam, BUT, you can use it easy to upload your own cities or mods for others to download, or download other user mods/cities!!

You can even make a building in 3DS Max, and export it to the game! I plan on changing a lot!!! adding huge landmarks, like the new World Trade Center and many others.
They have stream-lined the water pipes underground, so its easier a bit. And you have a 'fake' twitter icon, that tells you things your citizens are mad or happy about.

Check out the review here, and the tons of other videos of it!

http://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines/

I JUST got it, so I can't wait to dig into it!!! BTW, EA dissolved Maxis last week.. Just MAYBE it was due to their crapfest version of Sim City? lol.. Glad I didn't buy that horrible game. what a joke it was. If Maxis' servers were down, you couldn't play Sim City... lol.. But the current Maxis people were NOT the originals, so no loss there... You make shitty games, you deserve to be fired.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote