View Single Post
Old 04-03-2002, 11:58 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This was Jerome's first post in his Good Smiting thread that got a bit sidetracked by ot stuff.

Shall we try again? I think it looks like lots of fun!

The morning dawned over the IW population, sunlight washing away the dark tendrils of the night, bathing the earth in a warm, tender glow.

There is a little patch of land however, that is not touched by the light, nor has it been for little over two years since the dark one was slain. "The Fallen's Garden" the superstitious local villagers called it - a thick and dark forest which no light penetrates, which has sprung up and grown around the body of Jerome The Fallen Paladin... defeated in a battle between Larry, Rikard, and the other Ancients of the Blueboard. He died at the end of a mighty struggle, which saw him first fall from his lopfty status as a Paladin, and then subjectIW to a reign of terror that has inspired legend about those who took part.

At the end of the battle, he died.

Death, however, does not possess the finality that some would believe.

A hand broke the earth as it grasped into the air that it had not felt in years. Soon, the rest of the body followed, a helmeted head, an armoured body, and an ancient, blackened blade.

Jerome stood aloft, his face a contorted smile.

"HEAR ME IRONWORKS! HEAR YOUR MASTER SPEAKING! I HAVE CRAWLED AND FOUGHT AND BATTLED MY WAY BACK TO LIFE - MY REVENGE *WILL* BE SATED!"

Even nature itself seemed to stop and listen, all was silent as he continued.

"LOOK AT WHAT HAS BECOME OF THIS PLACE... LOOK AT THE FEEBLE, LAW ABIDING *FOOLS* WHO HAVE POWER... WHILE MY EVIL BRETHEREN ARE HUNTED! THOSE WHO ARE EVIL.... RALLY UNDER MY BANNER, AND WE SHALL RECLAIM OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE IN THIS PATHETIC WORLD, AS IT'S MASTERS!"

"THOSE WHO WOULD OPPOSE ME... TREMBLE. I HAVE NOT LAIN FOR ALL THIS TIME IN SLUMBER, I HAVE STRENGTHENED DAILY, AND NONE WILL *DARE* STAND AGAINST ME. AND YOU, LARRY, YOUR'S WILL BE THE FIRST LIFE I TAKE AFTER MY... OTHER SETBACK. YOUR CARCASS WILL HANG ON MY WALL! SO SAYETH JEROME THE FALLEN!"

and all existence trembled.
Evil had returned.

ooc: an old fashioned brawl between good and evil, with me and Larry headlining. Choose your alligence well, mortals.

Edited to add color

[ 04-03-2002, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Cloudbringer is offline   Reply With Quote