View Single Post
Old 10-17-2001, 07:58 PM   #10
Darkman

I used to be of the same mind-set, that Khalid was nothing but an over-grown chicken. However, I kept him around in one of my BG1 parties and I must say that he really came into his own. Because he is a figher he was able to get more points in long sword than Minsc could in twohanded sword. I gave him some decent armor (full plate), a protection ring (pleanty of those to go around), and a large shield +1, which in all gave him -4 or so AC. Add in a belt of whatever you want, boots of speed and the longsword +2 you get from the Prism quest, and Khalid is an unstoppable killing machine on speed. Put the gauntlets of weapon expertise on him and he's even better. Even when Minsc had the gauntles of dexterity equiped, Khalid was still hitting foes more often and doing just as much if not more damage per blow. Both were good fighers though and both had their own strengths and weakness. My party would have sorely missed either of them.

I must admit, Khalid was a ■■■■■ cat in the first couple chapters, but once he gets the long sword +2 and some decent AC, he makes a very good fighter. I am not sure if I would want him in BG2 though, since that would make it harder for me to mac on his woman